With a Stat Holiday and a Weekend occurring during our conference to complicate the matter, here are our tips and suggestions for onsite parking…
General Parking Information:
- Those staying in the campus residences must park in Parking Lot 5 (see our maps for location). We will have volunteers on hand Tuesday, June 27 and Friday, June 30th to help with your parking.
- For those not staying onsite, look at the location of your planned sessions/events and choose parking accordingly. Lots 5, 2, 6 & 1 may be the best options, but it completely depends on where you will be.
- During the conference, parking is free on Saturday, Sunday and holiday Monday, July 1st to July 3rd (yes, even though Canada day is actually Saturday). Pay parking is in otherwise in effect Monday through Friday 24 hours a day.
- Hourly, daily and weekly permits are available from parking dispensers in each lot. The dispensers accept Canadian 25¢, $1, and $2 coins, Visa, and MasterCard. They do not give change.
- Costs double to park inside the ring road (lots with an alphabet designation) versus outside of it (lots with a number designation).
Here is a link to the University of Victoria Parking Map.
Here is a link to their Parking Information.
For Pre-conference Only workshop attendees (Arrive Tuesday June 27th – depart Saturday July 1st.)
- You will need to pay for parking from your arrival on Tuesday to Friday at midnight. Saturday parking is free. The easiest choice is a weekly pass.
For Conference Only attendees (Arrive Friday June 30th – depart Monday July 3rd)
- You will need to pay for your parking on Friday from your arrival to midnight. If you arrive before 3 pm, your cheapest and easiest choice is a daily parking pass. If you arrive after 3 pm, the easiest choice is still the daily pass.
For Pre-conference workshop & Conference attendees (Arrive Tuesday June 27th – depart Monday July 3rd)
- You will need to pay for parking from your arrival on Tuesday to Friday at midnight. The easiest choice is a weekly pass.